What were they thinking?

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Thu Feb 1 03:14:06 MST 2007

HTML Message
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
[mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org]On Behalf Of Alan R. Barnard
  Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:57 PM
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Subject: What were they thinking?

  Ad on back cover of the February Journal ...

  CABLE-NELSON designed and built by Yamaha

  Why?

  I'm sure it's a price-point piano (the ad even says
"attractively priced") so they can keep Yamahas pricey. But the
name, to me, screams "run of the mill" and similar terms.

  There were a gezillion Cable-Nelsons manufactured, so I guess
they are just going for name recognition.

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, MO
  Joshua 24:15

       That was my reaction also (WHY Cable-Nelson?!)  Maybe the
Koreans already own the rights to a lot of the famous German
names?

      --David Nereson, RPT