Twilight for an ivory covering

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 09:26:16 MDT 2007

Bill,
    What do "they" want to do concerning the ivory, and what do "you" want
to do concerning the ivory? A new ivory keyboard is going to cost about
$3,250.00 by the time it is all said and done, repairing the existing ivory
with that much damage is a nightmare to say the least. Have you considered
mineral plastic? It has two of the three coveted properties of ivory and
bone, 1. it is cool to the touch, 2. it grips your fingers, and, at a
fraction of the cost of new ivory. It comes in off-white and crème color if
someone is looking for an ivory look.
Just some thoughts.      Mike

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net