Guillotine

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 16:06:04 MDT 2007

I have posted some pictures here
    <http://pianomaker.co.uk/technical/guillotine/>
of the guillotine I now use.  I have never found any commercially
available guillotine satisfactory and have always used a sharp knife in
guides.  The simplest tool can be made by using hammer shanks or
chopsticks as the guides.  Simply drill two pairs of holes almost
touching in a block of wood and knock in the shanks.  A very sharp knife
with a slightly curved blade slides firmly between the two pairs of
sticks and will do the job very accurately provided your drilling is exact.

JD