Weaver Piano

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 16:33:38 MDT 2007

Oog. Better (maybe) than wires and (you-should-pardon-the-expression) rubber/fiber nuts; but regulating with a rocker always sucketh and, in this case, would change the geometry at the whippen capstan, or whatever is down there.

The only inverted action every worth a hoot, in my book, is the Thayer inverted sticker.

Baldwin made wooden-stickered Acrosonics but they don't have the upper rail and flanges, just a rail with bushed holes for metal guide pins on top of the sticks: better than wires, methinks, but usually requires removing all the keys to comfortably (read that "safely) remove and reinsert the action. The only good things about having to remove the keys, by the way, is that (a), you can sometimes sell a cleaning job when the owner gets a peek at typical underkey gunk, and (b), you can remove the guide-pin rail without worrying about the pins all falling out, because it is easy to put them back one at a time when you replace the keys, and (c), you might find some rare treasure under the keys (like a guitar pick, a 1983 penny, or a kindergarten photograph of the owner's kid).

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO