Re; Genckflop, Prefer Cheaper Tool Bag To Afford Better Tools!

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 08:38:40 MDT 2007

Hi, I've been following this Genck case thread for the last few days and
wondering if I should add my 2 cents worth. I've always gone for the
inexpensive case in order to better equip myself with the tools I want/need.
After all he who dies with the most tools wins! I started my career in 1969
with a plastic attache case, moved up to a metal tackle box from Wards wich
served me well for almost 12 years. I then found a case with tool pockets in
a try in the lid and adjustable sections in the lower part, again an attache
style but for electronics or hobbyists. It was aluminum clad with black
reinforcment corners, you've all seen it. Any movie or TV show depicting a
drug deal where they present the money in a metal case with black corners?
That's it! I went through 2 of those, the hinges were weak and gave out
after about 5 years.
I noticed more people were going to tool bags and about then I discovered an
outfit called www.DuluthTradingCo.com
<http://www.duluthtradingco.com/>(which isn't in Duluth by the way but
in Belleville WI). Among the
workclothes, hats, gloves and other unique and different items were
toolbags. Various sizes and types, I found the Big House toolbag Cut and
pasted below, it may be large for some but I'm a big guy and I don't fill
it. It has plenty of room for the essentials and a few extras with space
left over for special tools for that specialty job. If running back out to
my truck isn't an option or would be a pain in the a__ I can put in the
extras I expect to need. When I tune at the UW-L for example, I park 4-5
blocks away. With this bag I don't have to be concerned about scratching
someones door or floor, I was taught in Tuning class to always put my tuning
kit on the floor, never on a customer's table,chair etc. I have come across
a few other techs with the same bag albeit the smaller one, it comes in 3
sizes.
A word about running back to your vehicle, I find that enhances my ability
to charge more, if the customer sees that I had to go get a "specialty"
tool, that I don't carry in my everyday kit.
          <javascript:openWindow('/site/framework/scripts/popup.asp?path=/media/images/products/97251/97251.jpg&width=500&height=500&pageid=2182&prod_id=97251&d_type=1',
'imagepopup', 525, 525);>
<javascript:openWindow('/site/framework/scripts/popup.asp?path=/media/images/products/97251/97251.jpg&width=500&height=500&pageid=2182&prod_id=97251&d_type=1',
'imagepopup', 525, 525);>
  <javascript:openWindow('/site/framework/scripts/popup.asp?path=&width=500&height=500&pageid=2182&prod_id=97251',
'imagepopup', 525, 525);>
<javascript:openWindow('/site/framework/scripts/popup.asp?path=&width=500&height=500&pageid=2182&prod_id=97251',
'imagepopup', 525, 525);>
          <javascript:addToWishList('522','97251',
'1/526/499/27/155');>
<javascript:openScrollingWindow('?sectionpath=6&processor=content&link='
+
escape('/store/department/organizers_bags/organizers_bags2/toolbags2/97251.aspx'),
'friend', 600, 750)>   <javascript:swapTabs('tab_overview')>
<javascript:swapTabs('tab_features')>              Open carriers like
buckets and crates can tip over and let tools spill out and run free. By
contrast, The Big House – only from Duluth Trading Company – confines tools
and supplies inside, closing with heavy-duty zippers and sturdy Velcro(r)
flaps. Includes 59 total interior pockets and 31 elastic tool straps to keep
tools organized and in place during transport. Voluminous (16"L x 10¼"W x
13") interior space is divided into two large storage areas that shield
tools from dust and debris. Custom pockets hold screwdrivers, wrenches, bits
and fasteners. Made of super-tough 1200-denier material for maximum
security. Imported.

                   We also recommend . . .        [image:
37006]<http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/organizers_bags/organizers_bags2/toolbags2/37006.aspx?feature=Product_1>
Jailhouse<http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/organizers_bags/organizers_bags2/toolbags2/37006.aspx?feature=Product_1>