LCD Frisbee

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 25 21:02:03 MDT 2007

> I have had this happen to me twice on two different desktop PC's. The first
> time was a disaster in that the resulting random activity as the battery was
> dying caused a lot of important system files to get scrambled. The second
> time I understood the symptoms and did the swap in time.

If I've lost anything critical, I haven't identified it - yet.

>What I don't
> understand is why manufactures don't put a little warning into the bios that
> tells us that the battery is either low, or that it's been xx years since it
> was last replaced. I'm sure we're not alone in our experience.

A very good observation, and we're most definitely not alone
in the experience. Bottom line is, I don't know. It shouldn't
be that tough.

>Of course it
> could also be a case of either forced planned obsolescence, or manufactures
> not grasping the fact that many of us hold on to our computers for a very
> long time. (- sigh -)

Even for a long time cynic with a very low opinion of the
internal processes of the rank and file, that's cynical.
Ron N