Micro-precision felt cutter

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 08:03:33 MDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>  Hi Jurgen,
>
> I had a guillotine cutter some time back, but seem to have lost it some
> years ago. It seemed to perform so-so. I like your design. What kind of a
> blade do you have on this? Also, it looks like there would be some wiggle to
> your blade arm here - what keeps it striking/cutting in exactly the same
> spot? Is the white stuff a replaceable chopping surface? Polyethylene-type
> plastic stuff? How tall is your stop block? How wide is the blade? Any other
> close-up pictures available?
>
> Better yet and easier for you, just send me the darn jig!   *;-)*
>
> Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell

precision cutting the Craftsman Handi cut
  it looks like a garden shears but it has a sharp precision blade on one
jaw and a flat surface on the other. I have used it for cutting damper felt
in the field. I first used it for cutting and trimming a whole set of
dampers for a grand I was doing in a joint venture with another tech. I had
left my felt guillotine at my shop because I was sure he had one, he didn't
and I would have lost  several hours going back to get mine. I had my
handicut with me, we tried it and it worked very well.
Both the cutter and flat jaw are replacable as they wear or dull as the case
may be. As I say I don't know if this would work for your application but
it's something to consider.

--
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service