Determination of "Fair Market Value"? Kawai 500 5'10" Grand from1966

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 16:55:51 MDT 2007

This is a 5'10" oak finish Kawai grand in remarkably good shape considering
it's age. Tuning pins are tight, action could use a regulation and hammer
shape but it doesn't appear to have been played much. The finish has some
sun fade, and was "touched up" in places on corners and around the fall
board which now stand out with the sun fade. I was asked to look at it for
the family the owner is in a nursing home, the house and contents are being
either split among relatives or sold. If taken by a relative it must have a
fair market value placed on it. I'm open to opinions/suggestions.
Mike

--
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service