Steinway B tenor conversion report

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 22:04:31 MDT 2007

Ron,

Were you expecting that the voicing of the new strings
would be as I described; i.e. needing more power and
focus to match the scale above and below those notes?

One thing that I had some trepidation over was the new
damper wedges felt -with no time for seasoning
(concert was to be in three days) I was fearing they
might ring a little long.  However, the dampers
functioned at 100% as soon as the glue was dry enough
to try them.

Bob Hull