Who is Kim Bunker?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Aug 19 21:05:47 MDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the greeting. Its nice to be back ! Summer was fantastic...
8400 kilometers of driving all over Europe... French Britany coast...
Zermat and the Matterhorn in Switzerland, Berlin, Amsterdam... Koblenz
on the Rhine... all with camping trailer pulled behind. Mixed in to all
this was a week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music with a bunch of
very accomplished CAUT techs for the yearly Steinway & Sons seminar
there.  Very interesting approach to learning and quite enlightening to
see up close and personal how an all Steinway School actually
functions... what they think of themselves and all the implications back
and forth about being <<all Steinway>>.

As far as the guy is concerned.... tongue in cheek from my part as much
as anything else. I have to crack up a bit as the collective <<we>> on
pianotech and what we let ourselves get all riled up about.  If there is
an interesting bit to the episode (interesting to me anyways...) its
that this kind of thing is a natural expectant... a result if you will
of the US <<freedom>> concept.  One is actually very free to do exactly
what that fellow does over there.  And in fact the PTG as an
organization endorsed this freedom when asked some years back about
regulating the industry if I am not mistaken. The same condition exists
here in Norway... but not every place in Europe.  In Switzerland the
industry is quite regulated... or was last time I checked.  In Germany
it is also... but that is weakening.  In my experience the <<free for
all>> approach is at best a double sided sword.... with the sharpest
edge on the buyer beware side.  But thats just my thinking.  Regardless
how  one approaches the subject tho.... ignorance is a self-breeding
beast that even the best of the best find hard if not impossible to
avoid being smitten by from time to time.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric:

    NIce to have the Northern European "voice of reason" back. Hope you
    had a great summer!.

    This guy's just an obscure footnote, but I still don't know who he
    is or if anyone in the vicinity of him know him.

    Cheers back at you.

    Paul

    "If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese
    fortune cookie)

        In a message dated 08/19/07 15:33:12 Central Daylight Time, ricb