FW: [admin] tuning

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 07:58:43 MDT 2007

I also may be sarcastic and talk like this with you but I still take the
work, it all spends! It's no worse than working in a Kimball or worse a
Whitney spinet, or perhaps a LaPetite grand we all remember those beasts,
now those I will turn down! At least the Suzuki I worked on had a "normal"
grand action in it not that sorry excuse for one the LaPetite had. I figure
the money spends whether I'm working on 100 year old junk or brand new junk
and the brand new junk is cleaner, fewer mouse droppings!lol!!
A local tech handed me a nice little job yesterday, a Knabe upright that had
been beautifully refinished, keys rebushed about 10 years or so ago,
original ivory still white a few chipped ones but they can be fixed or
replaced. The hammers were so worn a full inch of hammer was striking the
string! I suggested new hammers, removing the brass rails and having them
anealed, dampers and buckskin on the catchers. The previous tech refused to
work on it and told them to get a new piano!

--
Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
email mike at ifixpianos.com