Problems With Duplex Scaling Of Pearl River Grands?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 16:45:24 MDT 2007

It was explained to me that the duplex scaling didn't sound "right" with the
piano after it was tuned by the tech who suggested weaving the braid or
felt, I'm not sure which was used, through the duplex scale/string tails to
deaden the sound. It occured to me if this wasn't a normal problem with
Pearl River Grands it might be the tech's habit of not pounding his tunings
in( I have personal experience having followed him at more than one
venue)  that caused the problem. Since I have NO experience with Pearl River
pianos, I'm asking those who do. I know there were problems with these
pianos in years past but I thought most of it had been ironed out. These
pianos are new, less than 6 months old, so I'm looking for recent experience
with pianos new within the last year or so.

email mike at ifixpianos.com