Bass Bridge Epoxy Repair

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 13 08:19:46 MDT 2007

I would suggest that CA may not be a good candidate for this repair. The cap was off the bridge root. The strings apply a sideways pressure to the pins and in turn the cap. I have observed CA glue to have little shear strength - if fact, that is one of the things I like about CA use for temporary jigs in the shop - you can just whack them apart easily. CA may be fine for filling a gap here and there, but I would fear repair failure using CA in this particular case.

Terry Farrell