Counter-bearing drag

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Aug 8 09:55:44 MDT 2007

> People who claim they don't have sweaty hands are kidding
> themselves -- it's just a question of degree, and nothing will cause
> tarnishing and rusting faster than the salt.
>
> JD

My hands are extremely dry, meaning I spend winters taping up
split and generally delaminating fingers. Since putting on
gloves would guarantee sweat, which would soak through cotton,
and be immediately on the string when the vinyl glove breaks
through, I don't use them. I scrub up before starting, and
dust up with powdered rosin, sprinkling some in the box of
pins for automatic in-flight replenishment. Works for me.

Ron N