An improvement on the Schaff bass-string twister/installer would be.....

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:18:22 MDT 2007

Hey, it's probably me off track again. I'm used to it. <G>.

I was talking about replacing individual strings, and thought the post
to which I responded was about keeping the string on the hitch pin
whilst getting the rest of it to tension. Someone had mentioned using
the vise grips to twist, then clamp the string to the pin.

I've always used the bass string twist tool to put a twist in the
wire, then a spring clamp to hold it in place.  I like the smooth
surface of the clamp, and that it doesn't tend to mar the pin paint.
If I think of it, I will try the vise grips, but so far the other tool
has worked well.

JF