An improvement on the Schaff bass-string twister/installer would be.....

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Aug 7 18:04:14 MDT 2007

>> A small spring clamp also works quite well.  I keep one of those in my
>> stringing kit.  Small, so it takes up very little space.  Always
>> handy, always there.
>
> Not so much use as the vise-grip if you want to twist the string,
> though.  I use  a pair of 4" vise-grip type grips made in China that you
> can get very cheaply.
>
> JD

I seem to have lost track here - not surprising, considering
it's me, but are we talking about replacing an individual
string or restringing? Individual string replacement, pin-in,
the Vise-Grip(s) or functional equivalent(s) work great.
Restringing, the pin with the coil wound on is an ideal
T-handle with which to twist the string (hitch engaged) before
driving it into the block.

Just checking,
Ron N