Baldwin 9' key removal

Randy Chastain randy_chastain at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 19:35:33 MDT 2007

I have in my small shop a turn of the century Baldwin concert grand which
needs bushings. This is a first for me with this kind of action where the
wippens are attached to the keys.In order to remove the keys, which are
ganged together by the wippen rail, I'd have to provide a structure to keep
them together at the front and lift the entire set off the frame. Then I'd
have access to both sets of bushings. I know many of you  have done this
before, so..... any words of wisdom??? I appreciate The List and the great
experience on it.

Randy Chastain