Internet Piano Sales

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:54:18 MDT 2007

error in email contact.  should be:  michael at spreemanpianoinnovations.com (too dang long for even me to remember!)

                Michael C. Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: m_spreeman at hotmail.comTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: RE: Internet Piano SalesDate: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:40:42 -0600

Speaking of internet sales........... I have 2 project pianos for sale.  They would work well for someone wanting to design their own board, bridges, scale, etc.  One is a 9', the other 225 centimeters.  Due to legal agreements, I won't mention the manufactures names on list. The 9' is american made, has a rim, plate, case hardware, etc. The 225 is German made, inner rim and outer rim are separate, unfinished, with finished lid, legs, lyre, fallboard, music desk, etc. (HG black poly).   I won't take up space here with sorted details. If interested, please contact me off list.  Phone: 480.664.3702 or email: michael at spreemanpianoinnovationslcom.
                Michael C. Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: fandrich at pianobuilders.comTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: RE: Internet Piano SalesDate: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:46:32 -0700

Oh, I agree. And I have no problem with internet sales as such. It's only when I am asked to make an out-of-the-box piano actually play -- and do it on my nickel! -- that I object.

Regards,
Del

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of William BenjaminSent: August 01, 2007 9:14 AMTo: Pianotech ListSubject: Re: Internet Piano Sales

Del,

People have been buying pianos sight unseen, smile since Sears catalogs were in out houses.

People who are in the right  place can buy a model D and Steinway will fly them to see the piano before they agree to accept it.   Still those who just want a beginning piano and rely on the statistics the company guarantees, they can save money buying it threw the net.

I am like you, those people will still need it tuned over the years and usually need a good prep in the home to take care of sticking keys and such.   That is where I come in and am glad to accept the money to do so.

In this changing world, we are going to see more and more piano sales from the net.   It is a much larger show room and has vast selection available.   The department store and internet has made it hard on the MI Mom and Pop store and it is going to do the same for the piano market.

What is my answer?   I offer pianos over the net as well as from my store.   Plane and simple, I can't change the future, but I can join it.

William

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!