Leasing used pianos

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 13:34:08 MDT 2007

> Pros and Cons about leasing used pianos.

I have had a numbe of Steinway grands out on long term leases that have been
a great business.   I charge $ 150 + tax per month, 6 month minimum paid on
delivery. Maintenance is my expense, tuning is theirs.   Most of these pianos
have been out, in the same place, for years.
    One of them is a Steinway XO, which I bought for $1,000 in 1983.   I
reblocked, restrung, and put in a new action.   It has been in a recording studio
since 1984, at an average rental price of $ 122.   That makes over $33,000
worth of rent, and the piano is now worth about $ 18,000.   I depreciated it,
also.
    Renting can make sense, it is one way to make money while you sleep!
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT