Scruffing -was - Over-Strike vs Under-Strike

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 30 10:29:42 MST 2006

Hey Now,

Regarding the text book definition of the word scruff or scruffing. I think
we all got the intent/meaning of the word in the context of the original
post. Thus I think the use of the word served its purpose, did it not?

With all this discussion about scruffing vs scuffing and over strike vs
under strike yada yada, I have a question. I know there is a formula or
method to determine the correct hammer bore on a grand. I believe it is the
distance from the key bed to the strings minus the distance from the key
bed the center pin on the hammer flange, or something like that.
Corrections will be in the mail if I'm wrong I'm sure. To prevent over
strike and or under strike, what is the correct way to determine the hammer
bore on an upright?

Pura Vida

Steve