Verituner on pocket pc?

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:18:01 MST 2006

>From: Don <pianotuna at accesscomm.ca>

>The ETD's don't "anticipate" how the piano detunes--they actively measure
>it from note to note.

That´s what I don´t understand (I never tuned with an ETD). The ETD measures
how low the pitch is and calculates an overpull factor. Then you overpull a
note and continue the tuning. After continuening an  octave or so the tunded
notes are detuned again. This detuning is not measured again, right? So, the
device anticipates how strong the lowering will be, that´s all as I
understood that. A personal look up table seems to be a good option for
improoving the predicted lowering.

There are a lot of tuners using vt 100, but it seems that there are only a
few collegues who use it on pocket pc. I am still looking for opinions about
that possibility. Should have reasons that it is like it is (that the
harware version is preferred).

'A bit off topic, but I am really glad to have found this mailing list. So
many themes are discussed in a constructive manner. Here in Germany there is
a forum from the German guild, but nobody sends posts. Just boaring. Here
live more than 80 million inhabitants but only 60 to 80 pianomakers do the
exam each year. And obviously they don´t like to exchange knowledge and
thoughts via internet.

Gregor