Backscale length on guitars

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 04:52:38 MST 2006

>From the violin article addressing the scientific/engineering analysis of violin construction:

“There’s a kind of a nervousness that the mystery will go out of it, the bubble will be pricked and it’ll all just be ordinary. It’ll be technology. There’s almost a cultural sense that the violin is the last repository of mystery. The fact that we don’t understand the violin adds to its allure.”

So I guess the guy doesn't know anyone in the piano industry?

Great stuff. Thanks Cy.

Terry Farrell