measuring ratios/ popsicle puzzle

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 06:33:34 MST 2006

OK, then.  It would seem to me (as a not-too familiar with Stanwood's
protocols as of yet) that you would need to look at both the distance
parameters, and after that is determined to be in an acceptable range, then
look at the SW-FW parameters to reach the optimum performance.  In the B
mentioned some time ago, I had to reduce the dip to about 3/8", and increase
the blow to just above the cushions to get a minimal, but still adequate
aftertouch.  This reduced the heavy, unmanageable feel of the action.  It is
still a little heavy, but feels much more responsive.
    So, I would guess that the distance ratios were wrong to start with,
because there were excessive leads in there from the beginning.  And things
got worse when the parts were replaced, as more leads (that were not factory
in appearance) were added at that time.  So both distance and SW/FW
parameters were compromised, Right?  I wish that I had taken measurements at
the time.  We found someone who liked it, and subsequently bought it.
    I saw in the PTG Leader Letter that a Stanwood class was going to be
held at the Home Office in the spring.  I guess this would be a good place
to start, eh?
Clark A. Sprague, RPT