Verituner on pocket pc?

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 26 07:42:19 MST 2006

Hi List,

I am new on that list, so let me introduce myself in short. I am a German
technician and I join that list every 2 years or so, but I don´t like that
technology of mailing list compared to newsgroups or forums. So, often I
quit the list after a few weeks. I learned pianomaker in a 3,5 years
aprenticeship and worked after my exam for 1 year in a local workshop of a
piano store. Since then I am selfemployed, but not fulltime. I studied
psychology then ("part-time" as well) and I am making my Ph.D. in
psychology. This will be finished next year and I decided to continue beeing
selfemployed as piano technician, but fulltime then with the sale of pianos
too. Now I only tune pianos and do "ambulant" repairs, but that will change
next year.

Back to the topic of this posting: is anybody out there with experience with
verituner pocket? I read on the veritune website that an Intel XScale
processor with at least 400 Mhz is needed, but 500+ Mhz are recomended. Has
anybody that veritune version running on another processor than Intel
XScale?

I don´t own a handheld yet, but I am going to buy one for tuning software
and navigation purposes, nothing else. I found that from Hewlet Packard, but
is has a Samsung processor with 400 Mhz. Look here:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=handhelds&category=handhelds&orderflow=1&product_code=FA811AA%23ABA&catLevel=1

Does it work or are there any disadvantages due to that processor? I found a
thread of this list from last year dealing with that topic too. Somebody
wrote that the pocket version is limited to only a few partials due to
limited processor power. That´s why I am asking. Who works with pocket
version on which handheld? Are you satisfied with the results and the
handling?

Another option could be to buy the verituner 100, but I dislike the weight
and size of that huge black box.

Gregor
(sorry for my poor English)