Upright hammer bore

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 24 07:46:07 MST 2006

Jon-
I don't see any reason for this, and I doubt it does any harm either.  Maybe it was "process drift" or maybe someone liked the way it looked or had some "reason."  Right or wrong it was intentional.
You could copy it for the sake historical accuracy, or correct it.  Perhaps either way you could attach sample hammers inside the case with a note explaining what you've done.
Ed Sutton