Steinway Model B Music Desk Support

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 23 11:15:44 MST 2006

Hi,Dave!  I had repaired many music desks for  different  grands..Here is my advise{free}:
1}original hinges must be fixed,old stripped holes filled,plugged for snug fit with  original hinge screws.Shoe Pegs work best
2}I have a good collection of Collapsing type of music desk supports{Mason-Hamlin type}from APSCO days,used to buy them by dozens.Pacific Piano and Schaff have now only one lengh and Pacific Piano sells Steinway type,too. Having all of them on hand gives me a chance to find the most suitable fit.
3}Be careful fitting screws into the music support itself,just punch 1/16 hole with
 an owl and fit the screw,otherwise there will be a mark on front-finished side
Good Luck.. Happy Thanksgiving... Isaac Sadigursky,L.A. chapter