"Wild Strings"

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Nov 22 15:49:35 MST 2006

Hi Mike

A perfect case study to underline the fact that the idea that loose
bridge pins is the root of all evils false beats wise simply ... well...
way to simple. :)

As to your specific question. Yes.  I tune as best I can and leave, and
I make a note to make sure and refer this customer to another piano
tuner in the future.  30 years in the business building a customer list
allow one this luxury.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too btw.  I'm cooking to 20 lb birds with all
the trimmings for our administration and faculty tomorrow in our 2nd
annual G.A. Høstfest middag.  (fall party dinner).  Which actually turns
out to be a really neat and fun thing to do..... tho quite a bit of work :)

Cheers
RicB

    Do you folks tend to tune these "wild" pianos as best you can and
    move forward or do you spend some time?

    Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Mike McCoy