Separting ribs on an upright

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 11:13:38 MST 2006

My first question would be: why is it a problem? The only problem I can think of is that the rib/panel might buzz (and of course, the other problem is that the piano is old and worn out and warped and falling apart and needs a new soundboard, etc., etc.). But if it doesn't buzz, then it's not a problem (other than the old piano thing...).

If indeed there is any reason to attempt a fix and you don't want to clamp anything, my recommendation would be to mix up a small batch of West System epoxy thickened with their #403 Microfibers just thick enough to stay in place. Clean up with acetone.

Terry Farrell