The Bach Temperament

Frank Emerson pianoguru at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 10:07:02 MST 2006

Bravo!

Many years ago, when I was a university technician, I had Owen Jorgensen
come to do a temperament recital.  Owen, his son, another tuner, and myself
spent the entire day tuning twelve pianos to different temperaments.
Sadly, the recital was poorly attended, but I was astonished at the impact
of various temperaments on the appropriate musical literature.  I am always
delighted to see historical temperament given due notice!

Frank Emerson
pianoguru at earthlink.net

I have