Chickering ser.#

Rick Bazemore tunericks at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 05:10:42 MST 2006

Thanks Jack, I will take this with me next time I tune the piano.

  Rick

JWyatt1492 at aol.com wrote:
      Hello Rick,

     Old Chickering numbers are sometimes found
  on a small paper "sticker" inside the action cavity
  on the left side. These are usually from 1840s to
  the  about 1855.

     The later models like   # 77, 98, 105, 109,116,
  121, 123,   123-A, B and C and 145 will usually
   have the number stamped on the iron frame.

     These model numbers will be cast in the frame
  rather large size except 123s and the 145.

    The Quarter Grand,  the first being the # 121 was
  not made until 1901.Its, numbers will be stamped on
   the frame. And can be found on various wood parts.

  Hope this helps,

  Jack Wyatt

Rick Bazemore, RPT
Social Circle, GA
www.pianosintune.com

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo -   Calculate new house payment