Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Nov 20 01:14:23 MST 2006

Hi Andrew

I have a number of newer Sauters under my care and can agree 100 % with your assesment below. With regard to the killer octave bit tho... it should be noted that Sauter uses a CC board through and through.  They try and get their panels down as low a 4 %  before glueing on curved ribs according to the information I have.

The Omega 7' is a particularly nice piano.  Bostons kind of remind me of them... tho not really in the same class of quality.

Cheers
RicB

Ed and others,

Alternate bridge capping is being done by a number of builders.  Some are using boxwood to cap bridges in the treble.  Sauter uses two cross laminations of ebony in the two upper treble breaks for the Omega 7' and  concert grands.  The Sauter concert grand can be heard on their website.

Those of us accustomed to fighting with the S&S killer octave(s) will enjoy how this piano really sings through all of the treble.

Andrew Anderson