Check out Bandsaw Specifications

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 18 17:21:17 MST 2006

Dale,
    I've tried an earlier version of this saw and didn't like it. You
mentioned that you would be doing some resawing. This won't even compare
to the Laguna 16". First with a fully cast wheels inside the saw is very
robust and balanced quite well. Second the very need for that cylinder
in the picture means that you have to constantly account for blade
wandering like most other Bandsaws. On the Laguna this isn't necessary
since you simply put your stock against the fence and push the material
through. I can cut so thin on a 12" wide board that you can see through
it. Thinner than regular veneer with no thickness changes throughout the
length of the cut!  If I hadn't seen it done before I bought it I never
would have. The price scared me away at first until I saw it put through
it's paces. Third I believe that the motor quality isn't nearly as good.
Fourth the ceramic blade guides further eliminate any type of blade
wandering whatsoever so smooth and consistent cuts are insured on every
try. The ceramic blade guide also allow for a slightly greater capacity
of something like 13 1/4". I liked the Jet until I tried the Laguna and
then, well .... I just had to have it. :-)

Greg