Action feel (was Action Touch is too light)

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 15 17:58:54 MST 2006

Stephane,
Interesting.  I was playing on a Sauter Delta 185
this morning than I went to play on a Steinway L
at the university.  Major let-down.  Of-course
the Sauter is in excellent regulation and the
Steinway isn't.  The Steinway felt slow and frumpy.

Maybe this is an unfair comparison.  Sauters
sing, especially in octaves 5-6 where stock
Steinways only chirp.  A good soudboard design
probably does influence perception.

Andrew