applying graphite

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Mon Nov 13 09:57:48 MST 2006

Ed,

I don't use graphite on felt because there's teflon powder.

The only graphite I've used is mixed with alcohol and then brushed on.
You can probably use about anything to apply it, but I have used a piece
of scrap hammer felt. Once the graphite dries, it can be burnished with
the other end of the hammer felt. If you're doing the repetition/jack
top on grand wippens, you can burnish with a hammer shank, rubbing
quickly across the surfaces until a "shine" starts to develop.

There are probably better ways to do it, and I'm sure others more
experienced will chime in. So I'll be learning, I'm sure. :)

JF