wasted CA on grand pinblock

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Nov 10 06:01:02 MST 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Nereson
  To: pianoguru at earthlink.net ; Pianotech List
  Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 1:29 AM
  Subject: RE: wasted CA on grand pinblock

    -----Original Message-----
    From: William R. Monroe [mailto:pianotech at a440piano.net]
    Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:59 AM
    To: dnereson at 4dv.net; Pianotech List

    Dave,

    How much CA did you use?  It's about $10 for 2 oz., (and as I wrote earlier, I'd rarely use that much for an entire block) not real expensive in my book, if it can keep an instrument tunable till a rebuild is possible (or the piano is junked for other reasons).

           Yes, I did use almost an entire 2 oz. bottle.  I'm just frustrated with buying CA glue and having it set-up solid in the bottle before you even get to use it all, and it's considerably more costly than other glues.
        <SNIP>
        Bro,
        I feel your pain !
        Buy the stuff in small quanities from your local hobby shop.
    At my local place they charge about $6 for a small bottle. No shipping cost.
        Tom Driscoll RPT