"announcing Great Piano Tuners......"

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Wed Nov 8 22:33:18 MST 2006

Here's the whois.com info:

Greatpianotuners.com is a new domain name that was created only last week, 4
Nov, '06. It's being hosted by, and is apparently owned by, a web hosting
and registration site in Chesterbrook, PA, called 1&1.com. 1&1.com is
subsequently owned by a web hosting and registration site in England called
Schlund+Partner, doing business as registrar.schlund.info.

Registration, administration, tech and billing are all registered by/via the
same set of information. Here it is if anyone wants to contact them.

registrant-firstname:            Oneandone
registrant-lastname:             Private Registration
registrant-organization:         1&1 Internet, Inc. -
http://1and1.com/contact
registrant-street1:              701 Lee Road, Suite 300
registrant-street2:              ATTN: greatpianotuners.com
registrant-pcode:                19087
registrant-state:                PA
registrant-city:                 Chesterbrook
registrant-ccode:                US
registrant-phone:                +1.8772064254
registrant-email:                proxy491833 at 1and1-private-registration.com

Way too much vagueness in the site for me to want to go investigate it again
anytime soon. Besides, it doesn't even offer the one thing that it's being
pushed at us for. Also, the code looks like it was generated by one of those
template services offered by hosting sites. This site has only been alive
for about five days now. Give it time to improve or die. They obviously
don't know their market. Or how to market. Gorilla tactics like theirs don't
win many friends.

BIG QUESTION: How did they get everyone's email address? Except mine. I'm
feeling left out. :-)

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles