Impact Hammer

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Fri Nov 3 23:52:36 MST 2006

Hi Les, et al.

Not long at all.  The same way I do with the traditional hammer.  Test
blows, visual and aural checks, and  graphs of my previous tunings before I
tune them again the next time.

Actually, on uprights I feel more secure about the pin positions when using
the impact hammer because I have tuned uprights so long with an impact that
my stationary hammer technique is not as good and I fear bending the pin.

Diane Hofstetter