New Yamaha P22: dampers/ string seating question

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 07:45:10 MST 2006

Greetings,

         I have a client who purchased a Yami P22 one year ago, that
complains that a few treble notes  ring too much for her, upon inspection I find that
there are only 67 dampers. I suggested that she have perhaps 5 or 6 more put
in.

   Has anyone else ever had this experience with the P22? I think this is a
personal preference thing. Personally I think I'd want a few more dampers at
that, they just simply end too "soon". Are there provisional holes for
installing a few extra dampers or am I looking at alot more work than I bargained for?

Another thing I thought of was that there are more false on the high treble
notes than there were a year ago, when I first tuned it. I know the strings of
a new piano stretch but do they also become unseated at the lower bridge,
because they are new? Perhaps all I need to do is tap the strings down with a
brass rod and retune.   Suggestions?

Thanks
Julia Gottshall
Reading. PA