CA on Tuning Pins

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Nov 1 20:49:37 MST 2006

There is clearly a point of diminishing return and it happens well before 14
oz. I normally apply less than 2 oz to the worst of pianos. It has
occasionally happened that a few pins needed a little more the next time I'm
out. I just give it to them.  Rarely has the initial treatment not succeeded
on on or two pins. When that happened I pulled the pin, squirted some THIN
CA into the hole, stuck the pin back in. That has always worked for me.

I am still tuning previously untunable pianos 8-10 years after the 2 oz CA
treatment.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272