agraffe/agraffe shaving jig?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 08:54:15 MST 2006

 Hi all,

I replaced a broken agraffe on a Sohmer 57 grand that's 31 years old, but the shoulder is too high, which leaves the strings too high as well.  It works, more or less, but it sounds kind of buzzy at the moment.  I want to get the job done correctly.

The shoulder on the stock Schaff agraffes is 1/8" thick, I believe, and what I need is closer to 1/16".  If anybody has 1/4" agraffes with a 1/16" shoulder, I'll gladly purchase them.  I need one for a bicord.

IN the absence of that, does anyone have a way of shaving down the shoulders for a better fit?  And would this affect the its ability to thread into the plate?  Former chapter member Carl Meyer, rest his soul, almost certainly had just the device (and advice) I need...

Thanks,

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560