inventory

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed May 31 12:21:32 MDT 2006

I don't know why one would need to keep such exact tabs on amounts of
piano wire used and remaining in stock, however I suggest weighing the
canisters/coils when they are new and again when you want to know how
much wire is left.  No need to keep a running tab on amounts used.
There are tables to let you know how many feet of a given gauge make up
a pound of wire.  A simple spreadsheet will give you the exact footage
when you input the weight.  This requires a scale, of course.
Precision to one gram should be sufficient.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com