Top Notes of Octaves Sound Flat

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon May 29 13:45:37 MDT 2006

<<  Some people thought it was in tune when the top note was slightly sharp,
and maybe that is what I am experiencing here.  >>

It all depends on what you mean by "slightly".  If you have an Accutuner III,
simply tune the top octave aurally until it sounds "right" to you, then, with
your FAC numbers in place, start running the DOB up until it stops the
lights.  This will give you a number that you can share, and others with the same
machine can duplicate what you like, and tell you if they agree.
   I would suggest that you add +2.0 to the DOB and see what that does to
your perception of the top end.  Do this as you pass A4, and tune all the way to
the top.  (personally, this creates a tuning that is way too sharp for my
ears, while sounding perfect to a local jazz artist!).

Ed Foote RPT