Sticking Damper in Young Chang GS-150

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:02:31 MDT 2006

Marc, While all these suggestions are possible (and especially helpful is
Roger's suggestion that you bring in a qualified tech who is already adept
at damper work), you might also consider whether the damper upstop rail is
set too high. If the damper travels too far (especially on a hard blow), the
damper lever travels further in its arc, causing the wire to bind on the
guide wire bushing. Take a good look at your favorite grand regulation
manual (Yamaha, Steinway, etc.) for proper specifications. And I hope to see
you in Rochester in some of the damper and regulation classes!
Patrick Draine, RPT