tuning pin bushings too big

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 07:02:50 MDT 2006

Thanks for the idea, however:
1. We have already refinished the plate and it is
beautiful.
2. If you drill holes then they won't have that
countersunk or rounded entry look.  Sounds like a lot
of trouble and work.
3. This is something I need to check before painting
the plate.  Obviously they began enlarging the plate
holes at some point since all of the bushings now
won't fit, or this is just an oddball (fallboard says
Steck, plate says Wheelock/Aeolian.  Customer
sentimental value.)
4. The synthetic reducer idea from Joe Garrett sounds
easiest.  It also sounds a little like a joke??

Bob