powdered Teflon--new use??

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 14 07:06:49 MDT 2006

Brian,
The process of making teflon involves some nasty chemicals.  Burning
teflon (high temperatures) breaks it down and releases nasty
chemicals.  At normal temperatures it is inert.  Metabolism doesn't
get hot enough.  In fact normal cooking doesn't get hot enough,
witness teflon coated pans etc.  Regardless, burnt offerings occur
often enough here that I won't have teflon coated cookery in my house. ;-)

Andrew Anderson