The pitch raise speech

Brian Doepke doepkeb at comcast.net
Fri May 12 11:26:13 MDT 2006

If the piano is more that 20 cents under, and the piano is older and
neglected, I explain that there is a higher chance of the strings breaking
if I were to pull the string tension all the way back up to standard/factory
tension.  I do explain to them that, based on how far flat it is, it may
take a few tunings to get the piano back to standard pitch.  Most folks say
that they understand and are embarrassed that the piano went so long without
service.  But, they are very happy after the tuning...even though it may not
be up to standard pitch..because it sounds so much better to them.

Does that make sense?

Brian P. Doepke

AAA Piano Works, Inc.
260-432-2043