Question from a rank amatuer

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sat May 6 14:59:56 MDT 2006

Hi Christopher,
The lost mosion term refers to the space needed for "Jack" to  <return>
under Hammer Butt.
That is the issue, not the different methods that have been mentioned to
check for lost motion. The term is some what confusing for there needs to be
some lost motion. The wear on the action is one determining factor in
judging the amount needed.
Other things, will some times  negate any setting you make. If the keys are
light at the capstan and heavy at the front, there will always be contact
with the wippen heel, thus pushing the jack up into contact with the heel,
and also causing key hight problems. Heel divots can also cause one to
whisper under ones breath. <g>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com