Newbe question

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon May 1 12:26:54 MDT 2006

At 05:50 PM 5/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi William,
>You're right about Kimball.  It's a frustrating piano to learn on in my
>case.  on in, I hope that's correct grammar. ;)  Wild strings false beats,
>bad tone etc.
>Marshall
>ps. is that tie on that pig tied in a full or half winsor?  I'd leave the
>dress off  and save it for a special occasion.

That would HAVE to be four-in-hand (and several oaths under your breath)
with what you're working on...

That said, re-whatevering a piano [with a knowledgeable mentor looking over
the shoulder] is, IMMHO, the best way to prepare yourself for
troubleshooting pianoistical problems.  Just the process of putting in new
parts and regulating them will create playing problems which you _will_ see
in the future.  When you do see them, you'll not only know what the problem
is, but how to fix it.

I can't repeat what others have said _nearly_ enough - Get with the local
PTG chapter in your area!!

BTW, my first victim, er... ah..., learning experience was an 1888 Gilbert
upright with double flanges. Still have some parts.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.