CA with coils driven to plate

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 13:44:12 MDT 2006

<< There appears
to be a tiny bit of "daylight" between the coil and the plate at the front
of the pin and it seems possible that I could get a smallish syringe needle
in the gap to treat with CA.

 My question is, has anyone ever had a similar situation where they had such
a tight access to treat the pinblock? If so, how successful were you and
what potential pitfalls are there? >>

      Erase the pitfalls by telling the customer that you will try a band-aid
approach in lieu of the many thousands of dollars a proper repair would
entail.  Make no promises.
    Then, with the action protected, use a whole bottle of the thinnest "ZAP"
Ca on the block if need be.  Just put the tip against the base of the pin and
let the glue bead up at each pin before going to the next one.  I have seen
it make a once treated block (Garfield's) suddenly feel secure and definite, so
you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

good luck,

Ed Foote RPT