Digital calipers

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Wed Jul 12 11:32:37 MDT 2006

Hi Joel.

Methink, a caliper is not accurate enough.  Try and measure a wire diameter.
Repeat the same measure with more pressure on the caliper.  You won't have
the same reading.  What pressure is the right pressure ?  For me, only a
micro meter with accurate pressure system can tell.  And even then, two
measures won't give the very same readings.  In my world, a caliper reading
for wire can be a whole gage number off.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.